Firstly, I would just like to say Happy New Year to you! I truly hope 2015 is a special year for you and that you experience happiness in your life. From a personal point of view, I’m not long back from a Christmas break in Egypt which was wonderfully relaxing and now I’m ready to make 2015 a year to remember with lots of positive experiences!
However, I know that’s not going to happen by sitting back and doing nothing but hope. It’s going to take action! I thought I’d share with you some of the goal-setting strategies that I’ve used to plan out my year, which you can use to do the same. They will help to keep you focused and on track throughout the year! They’ll also help you to avoid the pitfalls of setting New Year resolutions that barely last the month of January!
Strategies To Help You Create a Fanastic 2015!
These are steps that you can take to plan your entire life in 2015 – personal and professional. One thing is for sure, it won’t all go to plan. However, through following these effective goal-setting strategies and revisiting them regularly, you will be far more likely to stay on track and achieve everything you want to in 2015!
1. Reflect on the past year and, most importantly, turn those experiences into INSIGHT – what do those insights tell you about what you want to do in 2015?
2. Move forward POSITIVELY with MOMENTUM – don’t focus too strongly on the past, it’ll kill your drive!
3. Express GRATITUDE for the good things that happen in your life and ask yourself, ‘What do I most want to be thankful for one year from now?’
4. Eliminate EXCESS – ruthlessly eliminate the bottom 30% of projects, activities and commitments from the previous year. Focus then on the activities with the GREATEST PAY OFFS.
5. If you are setting goals, set goals that harness your emotional ENERGY. The power is in that word WHY. The stronger the sense of PURPOSE, the stronger your desire will be to achieve.
6. Break down those goals into bite-sized chunks – BELIEF is key to you achieving so you need to believe that you can achieve each step even if it is outwith your comfort zone. Your day is your week is your month is your year!
7. SCHEDULE those small steps – manage YOUR agenda! Seeing the big picture in advance will help you to work with more purpose throughout the year.
8. Take TIME OUT – spend time away from work relaxing, being with family and friends, enjoying leisure time etc. You’ll then be ready to go back to work refreshed, revived and renewed!
I hope this helps you to plan a wonderful 2015! I would love to hear about your plans for 2015 and if I can help you in any way then I’d be delighted to do so! Please also share this with anyone you think would find it helpful.
Be Your Best!