So what is life coaching for sports professionals? Many people see sports professionals as fortunate individuals living a wealthy lifestyle and without a care in the world. However, the reality is that sports professionals undoubtedly face many huge challenges throughout their career, and beyond it, both within and outside of the sporting arena.
What are some of the challenges faced by sports professionals?
- Being released by a club – what does that mean for your future?
- Thrust into the limelight at a young age – the pressure of publicity, increased wealth through your new contract and managing relationships can all be very difficult
- Moving out of the home at a young age and the responsibility that brings
- Living a positive, fulfilled life outside of the sporting arena
- Coping with injuries, particularly, long-term injuries
- Career coming to an end either through injury or retirement – what do you have in place?
- Managing finances throughout your career to ensure you are planning for the future
- Managing your emotional well-being – managing the up’s and the down’s through having a more positive, resilient mindset
- Seeing your identity as a footballer, rather than a whole person, which can create problems when it comes to your career ending
- Managing relationships as your career transitions
- Planning for the end of your career either through retirement or injury – a lot don’t!
Over the last few years, a number of high profile sports professionals have publicly announced the mental health issues they’ve been struggling to deal with. Others have kept it a secret with tragic outcomes. Life as a sports person can be complex and, therefore, the support of a professional life coach can help the individual to proactively identify and overcome their key challenges rather than having to react when you’re not in a good place.
The Results You Can Achieve Through Life Coaching
- Acceptance of yourself and that we all feel stresses, anxieties and pressures throughout our life and that you should not feel guilty or to blame
- Confidence to take stock of your life and have a clear vision for the lifestyle that you want
- Ability to create time and have the freedom to focus on the areas of your life that are most important to you
- Development of a short, medium and long-term success map that will lead to positive changes in all areas of your life…permanently
- Feeling and performing at your best on and off the field of play
- Resilience to cope with challenges or obstacles that may get in your way so that you can maintain a happy, fulfilled life
The result will be a happier, more balanced, focused, resilient individual with a positive mindset and, most importantly, performing at their best.
If this resonates with you and you are ready to take control of your life then please complete the contact us form below to arrange a no cost, no obligation coaching call.